Wednesday, November 11, 2015

"bucket list"

This weeks presentations on different pieces of architecture across the globe were really interesting and informative. One of my favorites this week was the group that did a presentation on Mexico. I liked this one because I did not expect Mexico to have so many really interesting buildings so it was a fun surprise to see the awesome architecture in Mexico, especially Mexico City. When I think of Mexico I don't really think of modern and unique architecture; I tend to think of classic spanish style architecture but this presentation proved otherwise. 

One of the buildings that the group shared that I found so fascinating was the Museo Soumaya, which is a museum in Mexico City. I thought that the shape of the overall building was really cool as well as the material used to make it. A picture of this building is below is below, followed by a couple of more unique buildings in Mexico City.




This presentation made me hope that I one day get the chance to visit Mexico city and visit some of the pieces of architecture that the group shared and discover more unique architecture in the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment